Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Old Friends

We had a visit last night from two old friends from several houses ago, another state.  Had a blast, laughed a lot, remembered a lot, caught up on each other's families, ate yummy pizza (cooked by our son), compared gray hairs, and enjoyed the time together. And by old, I'm not referring to their age.

                FRIENDSHIP


Have you heard the new song by Rascal Flatts, "I Won't Let You Go"?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqrR8AgTo_A.  Click on this link to hear them sing. Confession - when it comes on the car radio, I turn it way up. These friends, last night, were a comforting reminder that, no matter what happens in life, no matter that we don't stay in frequent touch, no matter what mistakes any of us have made, no matter what directions we've gone, there are friendships that still stand strong.  I am encouraged and more hopeful that we will pull together when needed, that when things are grim, there will be someone there to stand by our side.  And, I want to be able to offer that comfort and assurance for others, too. As the song says, "I will stand by you."

Thank you, Old Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment