Friday, January 21, 2011

Dirty Dishes

Thank God for dirty dishes,
     they have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
     we're eating very well.
With home and health
     and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
For by the stack of evidence,
God's been good to us!


We have plenty of evidence in our kitchen that God's been good to us!
We do not go hungry, as seen not just in our stacks of dirty dishes, but also in my weight.  If I am hungry, it's not because we don't have any food to eat, and I am very grateful for that.
I thought of three reasons why I do get hungry:

1. The obvious, I do need to eat something nutritious and in line with my weight loss goals, the right amount at the right time.

2. My brain says to my stomach, "Need more chocolate," or, "Need some munchies," or, "That second helping looks really yummy."  To which my stomach can say, "I am still full from the last meal, it is just a thought, or an emotion, not an actual physical need to eat something".

3. My stomach says to my brain, "I'm hungry and need something to fill me up."  To which my brain can reply, "No, you just had 350 calories for lunch an hour ago - you don't need anything more until an apple at 3:00."

This little plaque hangs on the edge of the cabinet to the right of our kitchen sink, a reminder to be grateful and think about all the blessings we do have!
(source of poem unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment