Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two Roads


"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by..."

-Robert Frost

This poem, "The Road Not Taken", and the following lines from "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening," both resonate with the theme song:

  •  stop to pause;
  •  pause to notice, look, see; 
  • and seeing, to make a choice. 
  • The choice made, not to wander, but to move forward, not looking back.

My favorite version of this poem, illustrated by Susan Jeffers

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

-Robert Frost


Traveling Lighter, choosing the path, making the journey. Even if it is the road less traveled. Maybe because it is the road less traveled. Traveling, undaunted, on the path of Today.

 These verses, comfortably familiar, practical and down to earth, speak to me as I go about my day, making choices and attempting to fulfill my responsibilities, with "miles to go before I sleep."



No comments:

Post a Comment