Thursday, November 3, 2011

Natural Beauty

Confession. We still have a wheat stash from Y2K. Are we the only ones? There are only a few buckets left; most of the others were donated to a community food program.

 I am grinding fresh wheat in the mill again, trying for once a week, and adding more whole wheat (instead of white flour) to recipes we make.


I love to see the striations of color in the freshly milled wheat, the healthy goodness mixed and blended together with natural beauty.
These rolls are a favorite - the guys will eat them like cookies, and are much better for them.

The aroma of freshly baked bread filling the house - satisfying, comfortable and cozy, a natural for the cooler days of fall.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I am drooling. Is there a recipe? And do you grind wheat? Oh, I have so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete