Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Light the Stove

This old stove came from my grandmother's house, a lamp originally. We took the lamp parts off so the girls could play with it as a stove with their dollhouse stuff. It had more utensils and pieces then, but those disappeared somewhere along the line. Now, we still have the fry pan, the coal scuttle (is that what it's called?) and the soup pot.


Our girls have moved on to big-girl houses, not play houses anymore. I asked my husband if we could restore the stove back to being a lamp again, one I could use on the shelves next to my sewing machine. We found a lamp kit that required assembly, and with some adjustments, he was able to use the pieces to light the stove, back to its original use. I suppose I should use some blackening, like they would have on the old stoves. But for now, I like having the light, and the memories.













No comments:

Post a Comment