Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thirty Story Building

the perspective from the top of the walk
  A while back I wrote about the walk we take, and the climb involved.  We took the altimeter and measured the change in elevation - only 300 feet!  I was discouraged by that, as it feels like so much more when we're walking it.  Later, when I commented about it, my construction minded guy pointed out that is the equivalent of a thirty story building.  How would I feel if I walked the stairs in a thirty story building?  Gasping for air, I'm sure!

     Would be nice to have a picture here of a stair well, climbing up and up, but I don't hang out in too many high rise buildings. You'll have to imagine it, how you would feel.


     Yesterday when we got to the top of the road, it was a windy, crystal clear day so we hiked a little farther up the dirt fire road to the top of the hill and we could see the ocean, Catalina Island, and even the island out beyond that!  A rare opportunity around here - a beautiful sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment