Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Busy Humming

One of my main goals in writing this blog is to be alert, aware, observant, to pay attention to some of the little things that pass by us each day unobserved and unnoticed because of our noisy busy-ness.




Yesterday afternoon as we took our walk, we walked under one of the beautiful Ornamental Pear trees that are blooming like crazy right now.  I could hear the bees even before I got to the tree, humming and buzzing all through the blossoms, busy about their task, enjoying the fruit available to them.  The abundant blooms meant abundance for them.

On the way back down the hill, we stopped under the tree to listen.  A car raced around the curve, then a slow school bus chugged up the hill followed by a string of five cars, then a jet roared by overhead. The outside city noises drowned out the bees as they went about their work, each little creature doing its job efficiently and purposefully. They went about their daily tasks, humming as they worked, unhindered by the noise and activity around them.  Although the noise and busy-ness around us may appear to drown out our efforts, each of us doing our own part is still important.

The buzzing bees were a good reminder to be busy about my tasks, keeping my focus and enjoying the abundance of all that is around me, noticing and appreciating, humming to myself as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment