Friday, November 23, 2012

Today, Thank You

Today's theme word for the Friday Five Minutes is Thank You.
LisaJo will be taking a break over December, so this is almost the last Friday Five for 2012.
The idea, write for five minutes, easy breezy - let the words flow, gentle, from the heart.

Thank You
     for today, another day to live and love and learn

Thank You
     for time that whirls and time that drags pokey

Thank You
     for the hope that there is adventure ahead

Thank You
     for the fear of what is ahead - that You will guide, always

Thank You
     for tough health conditions that cause us to slow down and pay attention

Thank You
     for winter blossoms

Thank You 
     for home, this home, our home

Thank You
     for sunrises and sunsets, the capital letter at the beginning of each day and the period at the end   (sometimes an exclamation point!)

Thank You
     for all here that gives us a glimpse into Your love and care

Thank You
     for the continuing challenge to list, daily a counting of one thousand gifts - and beyond

Thank You
     for awake, the word for me, for this Christmas season


Five Minute Friday

7 comments:

  1. Sweet.. well done. I love this one:
    "Thank You for tough health conditions that cause us to slow down and pay attention"
    Can most definitely relate!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I complain and want it fixed - now! - I am reminded of His daily mercies and new compassion every morning. Great is His faithfulness.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful. Yes, we learn although slowly to be thankful for the present for the future does not belong to us.
    Thank you.
    Blessings
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think perhaps I learn v-e-r-y slowly, an on-going lesson of thankfulness!

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed how you used color... and perspective. This was a lovely 5 minute write on thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My computer wasn't cooperating with including a photo, so I used colored headings instead. Checked out your info page - loved the question at the end, "What would you wear for camouflage if you were hiding in a gingerbread house?" (lots of icing!) I will send that in a card to our granddaughter -she will love it - thanks!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, Maureen. Love your word - AWAKE. I also hope to be awake to the moments of this special season and not let the hustle, bustle overtake me.

    I'm behind on my reading, will be catching up on your Thanksgiving story soon!

    ReplyDelete