Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Just Right Ending

"Peter's mother put her arm round him suddenly, and hugged him in silence for a minute. Then she said, 'Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right - in the way that's best for us.'

"Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.

"Yes," she said. "I do believe it - almost always - except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I can't believe it, I know it's true - and I try to believe it. You don't know how I try, Peter."

from The Railway Children
by E. Nesbit


joining Deidra and the quiet Sunday community

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect place of Quiet Sunday. My second home. I also loved your quote. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believing in His endings... love your peaceful quote and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good reading; thank you. I'm so thankful that I can rest assured that God is in control and knows what He is doing as He writes the book of my life.

    ReplyDelete