Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Saturday Morning Workout

This morning, I moved
this



to this



using this.

Three quarter cubic yard  of planter mix. Our soil here is heavy clay, and some of the yard seems to have a layer of something like asphalt underneath four inches of clay. Not good for a garden. My husband built this raised bed using some stray wood, and we found a gravel company nearby that had this planter mix for a great price.

Now that the raised bed is filled, I am ready to water and plant seeds: spinach, lettuce, beets, chard, cabbage, onion and garlic.

I realize it is late to be putting in fall vegies, but I am going to try. See what I can get away with before the frosts settle in. Should have at least six weeks here. Challenge the seasons. And if it doesn't work, the raised bed will be ready to go in the spring.



Do any of you plant a fall garden?

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a great workout!! You are so ambitious. I've never been much of a gardener, but you keep putting it in my head :) Good luck with the winter garden.

    ReplyDelete