Saturday, July 9, 2011

Colorful Possibilities

Our thirty-three year Lego collection: ready for planes and ships and helicopters and race cars and trucks and building hours of fun. It may look like a mess, but think of it as a pile of possibilities...

One of the reasons I love to walk through a home improvement store or a craft store or even a grocery store is to enjoy the sheer potential of the raw materials, the creative possibilities.  You and I could walk together through the same aisles, yet we would come up with different ideas, varied inspirations. Isn't that exciting?  Keeps things interesting.

What do you see here?  A messy pile, or...?
(Dump it all out on a sheet - makes picking up much easier)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Maureen! My son was a legomaniac! My family room used to be carpeted in these things. He never followed the directions of his kits, but after studying them, he'd create his own variation. I have them all in the Memory Box Closet in the basement awaiting the day when he's in a house big enough for all his memories! And, I know what you mean about those strolls through home improvement stores. I am the same way. If only I had the disposable income to make all my home remodeling dreams come true!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved legos! I remember the legos, but my mom remembers the messes. Wonderful analogy; I'm glad God looks at us messes with the possibilities in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun memories. My youngest son took our lego collection when he married (have no idea what my daughter-in-law thought of that!). With grandkids we've acquired more. It amazes me what they come up with when they start building.

    ReplyDelete