Friday, April 8, 2011

His Eye Is On The Sparrow

     At the Denver airport, I look forward to seeing the little sparrows flitting around inside the terminal.  Whenever I have to wait for my connection, I see them hopping around, searching for crumbs left from some hurried traveler's lunch.  The sparrows come in groups, flocking together for safety, sharing the bounty of left-behind excess or spilled pieces of food.

     I wonder, how do they get water?  Are they trapped inside or do they come and go through some portal they have found?  Do they nest in some hidden corner of the ceiling?
     "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."         Mathew 10: 29-31
     The contrast between the tiny sparrows darting around the terminal, surviving on crumbs, and the lumbering jets outside the window, maintained by a flock of workers, is amusing.  And comforting.  I think of the song:
"His eye is on the sparrow,
 And I know He watches you."

    I can be confident flying, knowing I'm in the Lord's care and protection.  As He cares for the sparrows, He cares for me.  And you.

1 comment: