Thursday, March 7, 2013

Change the World (A Bit)

This is one of my short shorts, a 500 word short story, with a different theme than I would normally use. It's fun to experiment, try new things, see how words work together to create an effect. If the clutter on my desk is any indication of project overload, I have a few things to finish. This one has been floating around, waiting for brilliance. I decided instead to call it done and send it out.

 Hope it makes you smile and think (a bit).




“Jimmy, get up now, or you’ll be late.”

“So what?”

His mom stood outside his door, her arms full of laundry. “So what? So the bus driver will hit the car that would have been a minute later if he didn’t have to wait for you to cross the street, still fiddling with the arm of your jacket.”

Jim sat up in his bed, rubbed his eyes and scratched the back of his head. “What?”

No comments:

Post a Comment