Monday, January 9, 2012

Quotes from 2011

Now that we are back home from our holiday travels, I am packing away the Christmas stuff and my wall calendar from 2011. The calendar, a freebie from my husband's work, had a company logo, advertising hardware or something I didn't want to look at for a year. Each month I taped a quote to hide the ad, something that was a theme song or a favorite from my current reading.

Here are the top four:

"Persistence is self-discipline in action."
Brian Tracy

"Great minds discuss ideas;
average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Vision is the art of seeing
what is invisible to others."
Jonathan Swift

"Keep calm and
count on."
Ann Voskamp (in reference to her One Thousand Gifts list)


My reading list shows thirty-seven books read in 2011. Not too bad, but I want to read more this year. More variety, and more consistently. Four books a month would be forty-eight - I will shoot for fifty books this year  (not counting the ones we read aloud together). As I am reading six books right now, I guess I'm on track for January, with others in the line-up ready to go.


Do you keep a list of the books you read? It is encouraging to see them add up over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment