Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Joy Dare for January


Many of you already read www.aholyexperience.com. If not, highly recommended. Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare for January, 2012, includes a list of thirty-one idea generators for the one thousand gifts list. Ways to inspire and expand your thinking, opening a way to see things new, unfolded, unearthing the beauty of the simple, everyday around us. I printed it out to put in my 1,000 gifts journal for the times I sit there, unable to think, unaware, insensitive to the wealth of gifts around me.

These are jump-starts. When the spark is missing. When the connections aren't working. When the joy and the hope are overwhelmed by the weight of  burdens, this list can be like jumper cables to a new perspective, to the sound of turning back on course, connected to our power source, the motor humming, our tanks full for the journey.


#17 one gift that you made laugh, one gift that made you pray, one gift that made you quiet

  •  our youngest, this morning, making him giggle, attempting to wake him up
  • thinking of the grandson soon to be born, for his health and growth
  • this morning, the beautiful clouds, low over the mountains, like wrapped in a cozy quilt

1 comment:

  1. • a silly moment with my husband
    • words I read this morning that make me wonder
    • waking up to unexpected snow

    ReplyDelete