Friday, May 25, 2012

Topsy Turvy

Five Minute Friday. Topic by www.thegypsymama.com. Write, five minutes, go with the flow.
Today, Opportunity.

Go.

Opportunity? We are renters. I am a gardener. I love plants. Flowers. Growing things. It is kind of an obsession. No, it is an obsession. I have to have plants around me. Have to. What is a renter to do without roots in the ground? When we have to move, it is a literal tearing out the roots for me. So, I stopped (well, almost) planting anything in the ground.

I resort to pots. There are still lots of possibilities with pots. Flowers do well in pots, and pots are moveable, transportable, flexible. Like I have to be. No roots in the ground. Or, roots that are easily pulled up. Roots that are adjustable, but sometimes, when we move, I have to leave the pots behind. Tough for this gardening girl to do. Throws me topsy-turvy. Out of kilter, dumped upside down.

Like my topsy-turvy tomato plant. Don't they know plants are supposed to grow from the roots up? Who got the idea to grow them from the roots down? But you know what?? They still grow. They still insist on growing, even upside down. Even if you throw me upside down, even if my roots are uprooted, I will re-plant, I will insist on still growing. In new soil, in a new place, I will take the opportunity to grow, even if it means being upside down.

Time is up.



1 comment:

  1. What a great comment, "Even if you throw me upside down, even if my roots are uprooted, I will re-plant, I will insist on still growing. In new soil, in a new place, I will take the opportunity to grow, even if it means being upside down."
    We must never stop growing no matter what life throws at us.

    ReplyDelete